Saturday 19 March 2016

Shopping day

Thursday to Friday.

Things have been happening. I proclaimed myself well on Tuesday. Annika came back from Langkawi on Wednesday, but I wanted to stay home to write. I ate lunch alone at the food court with a book and delicious sweet and sour shrimps. After John got off work we met up at Buona Vista and walked to Holland Village. We met a British guy whom John had conversed with over Reddit. It was a pleasant evening with a lot of talking and a few beers.

Thursday: Annika and I took the bus to Orchard Road. We found it extremely fun to do so. Stepping out of the bus we went straight inside the first mall we found. It was hot outside and cold inside, something very common here. The mall had all the expensive stores and some we recognized such as Marks and Spencer. At the top floor we found a restaurant with a sushi-go-round, had a really good talk and were surprised by it not being that expensive.


We proceeded to Forever 21, a store with five floors. Picked some clothes and tried them on. Chose two of the eight garments and continued. After rummaging through the top floors it was time to try the new batch. I got the cubical right in front of the queue. Each time I opened to show Annika, the queue, consisting only by women, leaned out and stared at me. Annika asked me to turn around and I twirled before them all, feeling rather observed and uncomfortable. Something that made it a bit more worth it was seeing a girl in the back that I had taken an awesome yellow shirt in front of, it was the last one, looking really jealous.

After an unknown amount of hours we emerged with clothes worth $70 (only one shirt belonging to Annika). Found the bikini at the Billabong outlet but unfortunately it was too big. Annika found a dress at Cotton On, which I bought and also signed up for their newsletter to get it even cheaper.

John called and said he would just go home so the two of us had dinner without him. Found a Japanese restaurant a bit further in on a street and further away from the busy Road. I ate cold noodles with something very spicy on top but when I took that away it was very good. I also decided that I liked cold salmon. Listened to Japanese men talking in the booth next to us and I realized it was the first time I heard that language spoken in person. Such a lovely experience!

We came back home around half past ten.




Today, the most exciting thing that happened was that the three of us went to IKEA and John and I decided what bed we wanted for the new apartment, along with sofa, table, chairs and more.

1 comment: