Tuesday 23 August 2016

First date

I just came home from a date! Not really a date-date, but a friendly-date. People are still calling it that, right?

Anyway. So I met this girl - well, we met online... as in the chat I have been talking about recently - and we decided to meet today. I confess I was a bit nervous because I do not meet a lot of people here on my own. I had an hour to get ready and chose between shorts/t-shirt and casual dress. Since I thought I needed pockets for phone and cards I chose shorts, but the dress and a small bag would probably have matched her outfit better.

She came over looking like a fine lady, very sexy and professional. Apparently going to a seminar at the NTU did not mean actually attending but being there looking for a job. I regretted not taking the dress but I was at least comfortable in my very me-clothes. Representing!

We walked into a Medical Centre that did not look like a Medical Centre. Inside there were shops and other stores. She wanted to take me to a sushi-place, but unfortunately it was closed. Went back over the street and headed to the only street I know in Holland Village. Walking past restaurants that had barely opened - the time was half past four - and found a small restaurant that looked like a brunch place (Breko Cafe & Sandwich Bar). It was, they had a brunch menu, but we came too late for brunch and so we had an early dinner. We were both very hungry.

Before ordering we talked for a long while. She was very easy to talk to, mostly because she did more than half of the talking. I really enjoyed it, I really like to listen to people and hearing their stories. Of course I shared some of mine. We talked a lot about Sweden since she had lived there not long ago. Her Swedish was incredibly good which was really comforting when my English was failing.

We ordered - pasta for her and salmon for me, also 2 for a-better-price beer. Tasted good! Talked so much and we got louder when they started playing music over our heads. Unfortunately (for me, not for her) she had plans that she had to leave for after we were finished with our meals. There was a good reason - a birthday dinner - but we decided to meet again in a week. Hopefully we'll have more time to get to know each other! I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment