Saturday 20 August 2016

Two is enough

Tomorrow we were supposed to go to a barbecue with some of Johns colleagues. I wondered about this since it seemed unlikely that they arranged a barbecue on a Sunday. John checked the email and I was right. The guy arranging it had accidentally written the wrong day and told everybody it was tonight. We already had plans and so we told them we could not come.

There was another meet up happening, from the chat I wrote about earlier, at a cheap beer-place called Booze Pharma C by Tiong Bahru. I was unsure if I wanted to go but I changed my mind after some music and drinks. It could be fun and we could make friends. That was the whole point of joining these chats, to really try and meet people/make friends.

It was a bit unorganised and at the end of the evening nobody answered if they were going or not. John looked a bit sad about this, he wanted to be around people and I was ready to go out as well. So we told the group the meet up was off and went out by ourselves. Promenaded to Holland Village and walked along the crowded small street with bars, clubs and restaurants. Found a Mexican place called Cha Cha Cha and sat down at the table almost at the street.

I had just had a half Subway sandwich so I was not so hungry. John ordered their chicken chimichanga and I had some cheese covered nachos with guacamole, sour creme, jalapeƱos and salsa. It was a very hot day and all the people on the street made it even hotter. No wind nor AC could reach us. Even so the food was great and I want to go back there some day. Would definitely recommend!

We enjoyed ourselves with watching people on the street. Looked at the foreigners who dressed up to nicely for having dinner at a restaurant. I remember being at Mallorca and we dressed up to much for just dinner, but that is Scandinavians for you. After moving here I realised the people of Singapore are really laid back. Makes it so much easier to be comfortable. We saw to young women wearing black dresses that did not fit walk back and fourth in front of us looking for a place to eat but the looked so lost and did not fit in with their dress or attitude. When they finally found a place to eat they looked very pleased with themselves.

Then we decided to walk home slowly while talking about dragons. Even though we did nothing of our plans it was a very nice evening. I love this man so much and I enjoy my life with him. It is so fantastic to be in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment