Saturday 13 August 2016

Second birthday-day

My heels hurt... which can only mean another well planned and super suitable day for me! John knows me so well. When somebody has plans which include me I always get scared a few days prior, because I have a pleasing-issue which means I feel like I need to do whatever is planned no matter how I feel. Knowing my body it can be very confusing and feel fine one moment and like hell the next. John managed to plan things that do not take up much time and then giving me the choice of continuing the evening or going home.

Today we slept for as long as we could... meaning we were woken up by Ymir the cat around five in the morning. We then spent the remaining hours up until nine trying to fall asleep again while the cat brought in toys and scratched the mattress. Lovely awakening...

John came in with another silver package while I was still in bed reading. In this one was another board game - one will never have too many, just ask John's parents - and this was called Love Letter. I have played in once with previously mentioned older adults and I remember it was fun!

I ate an apple for breakfast and we got ready. I curled my hair and put on a dress, something I rarely do but feel good doing. The short hair is still pretty new, especially with a straightener. I used to use one all the time to straighten my long hair and my bangs, but it is much different with short hair and I am still testing it. Unfortunately we never took a full body photo of me today so I have none to show you.

John and I took an Uber - bad choice because there was a lot of traffic - to Raffles City. We went to Din Tai Fung and put ourselves in the queue. Around twenty minutes for a table. We stood there filling in the menu. Precisely when our number was called Heidi joined us. This place speaks mostly Chinese and very poor English, so without her we would have had a problem communicating. The dinner was great though. So many dumplings! I ate more than John and Heidi together. Yummy!

Afterwards we walked twenty minutes to Clarke Quay, bought a coffee for John and headed up a flight of stairs (well, you know... escalator). Found the entrance to something called Lockdown! Lockdown provides different rooms in which you are supposed to find clues to eventually get out. These are called escape rooms. We did one of these with Sanna and Mattias in Stockholm.

This was in The Forgotten Temple and we were supposed to solve five clues before entering the last room (which held more clues). We had a phone to call the people working there if we got stuck and honestly, we called to get the solution to every single clue. We got a bit of it, but never solved them completely. It was HARD! And you were supposed to think for yourselves, without hints or words to go on... Lets just say the hour we got passed quickly. At the last clue, a strange cryptex, we got five minutes extra just because the key inside was the key for the door out. My red shoes came out almost white from all the sand and dust.

Needless to say it was challenging. Maybe not a laughing fun matter, but enjoyable if one were able to solve it on their own. For us it was more frustrating, but it was fun when we actually solved things on our own. We did that, I swear. Some of it we definitely did!

Heidi had to leave for dinner with family. John and I tried to walk outside but it was hot. Things you forget when inside with AC on. We were kind of tired too. Took the MRT one station past ours and went to Cold Storage to buy some chicken, sushi, avocado and such. John made his very tasty mashed potatoes with garlic and shredded fresh honey glazed chicken from the store. I made tzatziki. Good dinner!

Great Saturday. I can not wait to see what will happen tomorrow, on my actual birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment