Thursday 4 August 2016

Plant Nanny - app recommendation


Plant Nanny


Free.
Available on Google Play and App Store.
Developed by Fourdesire.
Official website.



I am not an active person. My job is to sit by my computer and write. I seldom go to the gym and not so long ago I barely even drank water. I did not like the non-existing taste. I preferred something with taste - here I would like to write a lot of juice but I am honest and say I mostly drank soda. Apart from my everyday cup of hot chocolate (which is milk and nobody counts the sugar).

I have tried to get myself to go to the gym more often. Lately that has happened. I find myself smiling while using the machines and even though I do not like the machines I feel like they are a better alternative than running in this hot weather. I see people jog around outside all the time, but it will do no good for me. Not yet any how. I am not fit enough to endure it. Last time I almost fainted.

Recently I downloaded an app called Plant Nanny. I thought it was just another health-app that never works, but surprisingly enough it does. It helps remind me to drink enough water a day to keep my body happy and healthy. It is really simple and not time consuming. It has helped me drink ~2,000ml every day. I am an achievement-hunter and this app does have some; which is basically to drink continuously for seven or thirty days. I will get them!

Down below you will see my plants. I have several options for pots and plants. Mervil is my Devil's Ivy, my first plant and when he got fully grown I planted him in the garden. He produces seeds (top left corner) for which I can buy new pots. Leun is my Dandelion and in the bottom corner you see the button I press every time I drink my selected bottle. You can choose the amount and that decides how many times a day you should drink it. I chose an Evian bottle 750ml which means I drink three of them daily. It is calculated depending on your weight and how active you are.

This is a great way to keep track of how much you are drinking. Before this app I could go days without consuming any water (except involuntarily in food and other drinks). What has changed? I drink a lot more water, which gives me less sugar-cravings. I pee a lot more which is good for the kidney, keeping it active. You really do not need any other excuse for drinking water because it is good for the whole body!