Tuesday 16 August 2016

Writer's writing update

Last night we ended the day with me reading out loud from my book. This piece was five pages long and a crucial point in the story. It was the first "draft" since I will be fixing and correcting it later.

The best part of being an author is that when I finished these pages John was surprised that I was done. He wanted more, he needed to know what happened. Made me smile and also gave me some energy for writing.

Hard part is that now I do not know how to proceed. I ended at a point where the scene changes and I do not know to what. I will go back and fourth on this one thinking about what could be and what should not. I do not want to spoil anything of course so I do not write about the scene here.

It is such a good chapter that I want to read it out load to anyone wanting to hear it. That said, I will not send this to John's parents (because they have read all the previous chapters) but will wait for them to visit in September and read to them. Gives me enough time to get it done and polish everything.

See you soon!

1 comment: