Tuesday 13 September 2016

Mall Madness

Thomas needed to work and so, when Annika was finished with her own work, the two of us emigrated to VivoCity.

We decided to go inside all stores that looked like we wanted to enter. No stores that only sold bags for example, but general products and every single clothes store there was. It took hours! We did not find anything for a while. After a couple of hours we needed sugar and I could recommend Carl's Jr. So we ordered a hand-scooped ice cream shake each - I chose vanilla and Annika had Oreo flavoured.

After that our feet started to feel all the walking around. I knew exactly where to go! I took her to Best Denki and moved swiftly towards the massaging chairs called uLove. We sat down, put on a program that lasted half an hour and relaxed. Annika did good and asked many question to the man who tried to sell them to us. I ignored them but heard that she did sound convincing, like she actually wanted one. We removed our shoes and the salesman even put on relaxing music in the chair speakers. It was lovely.

Afterwards we promised to come back with her husband to let him try it before purchase. Then we walked away. Round and round we went until we walked into Cotton:On. This is probably the best store I have found in Singapore that sells clothes in my style. We spent three hours in there! Loading our arms with garments and had to have our own basket by the girl that told us only to bring four items inside the fitting rooms. It went smoothly.

Ended with Annika buying three or four garments and I walked out with seven shirts. Everything was on sale so we can not return anything. Not that we want to, it all looks great! I bought a lot of striped, but I did not own many before and I really like them.

We went back to Carl's Jr to eat dinner and shared a guacamole thickburger, chili cheese fries and a Coke. Free refill! While eating we talked about books and I showed her my Goodreads list (you can find it in the menu to the right). She recognised some which was real fun because she really liked those books.

When we felt like we were done we made our way over to the MRT. Feet aching, heads spinning and eyes shutting. Felt like heaven to sit down the twenty minutes to Farrer Road. John had gone home to hang out with his father the few hours he had before we came home around ten. Showed them what we had bought. John surprised me with being first to say good night and be in bed. Can not remember the last time he was first.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's mum in a nutshell (and me also btw) - to sound convincing when testing "before buying". Awesome way of getting some products or services free of charge :)

    ReplyDelete