Saturday 17 September 2016

Satisfying Attire, Lovable Experience

Yesterday Annika and I started the morning at the gym. We woke up, had breakfast, I read a chapter while she wrote an email and then we went. I have lost my original plan of going to the gym twice/three times a week, so this was the first in a disappointingly long time.

Started with fifteen minutes of bicycling. When warmed up Annika showed me how to use some machines that I had never tried before. Exercising arms and legs where I felt like I had no muscles at all. Then did another fifteen minutes at the cross-trainer. When the sweat was streaming down we tried a stretching machine/thing which was really unusual and strange. Sitting down you held hands like on a normal bicycle only you could completely fall back on the saddle, all the way down to the floor. Stayed there shortly. Lastly we tried some dumbbells (the worst sports-word ever, recently discovered) but they were too shaky in my hands to be safe to use.

Feeling like we were done we changed into swimsuits and jumped into the pool, stretching in the lukewarm water and hot air. The time was nearing lunch and so we went up. Thomas had left to go to the Botanic Gardens and so we had the simplest of lunches containing rice and chicken from our dinner last night. We showered, we ate, we got dressed and we left too.

For the first time we went west when switching MRT train at Buona Vista. Instead of going towards Pasir Ris we travelled towards Joo Koon. At Jurong East we tried to find our way to IMM - an outlet mall we had heard about. Walked through Westgate Mall, Jem, Big Box and a hospital before crossing a street to the desired destination. I took a photo of a really cool looking building and only afterwards realised that this was the hospital. What a modern-looking one it is!

Anyway, so we enter IMM and there are SALE-signs everywhere. Of course, since it is an outlet mall but then again why would they need the SALE-signs in the first place? Started with BodyShop and even though we did not buy anything it was pretty cheap. Then we just went into every store looking at everything (prices mostly). Found so many things but bought very little. I had my "best" shoes on (which are really not good at all) and after a few hours it hurt so much I tried to tiptoe around. We looked at half-price shoes (note that everything in this mall is last season, if you would care about such a thing) and considered buying a pair for John. We did not. Even considered buying a pair for me but the ones I liked I thought were too expensive.

Around six we had a small meal - shared a cheese burger, some fries, a Coke, I had ice cream and Annika an apple pie - before calling John to see if it was possible to meet at Buona Vista. He left work and we found our way to the MRT, only when we got there he was already at BV so he continued home. He would have to wait for me though since I was the only one with a key.

I was so tired in the evening. We planned to play a little Eldritch or at least watch a movie, but I almost fell asleep in the couch. John massaged my hurting feet while I complained about the pain. He made me brush my teeth and go to bed, which I was really grateful for. I woke up a few times remembering things I needed to do before sleeping - like take in the clothes from the balcony. I had no energy to go up and do it myself and so I called John. He came into the room and in my head it was perfectly clear what I needed to do and why, but I found myself barely able to speak. He understood though and after he left I soon fell asleep again.




No comments:

Post a Comment