Friday 2 December 2016

Santa Bex

Rebecka is here! John's sister finally arrived and it is her fist visit to our apartment. She has been to Singapore previously, but that was before we moved here. I am so happy that she came! The two of us will have most time together since John is working. So weekends will be sister-brother time and weekdays I will have her all to myself.

The flight was half an hour late so she came to our place around eight. When she texted John she was nearing the condo we thought that she might not know where to go. From personal experiences taxi drivers can get confused in this area. Difficult to find the right basement and then the right drop of point. We have had to literally point in the right direction. So we thought she would be stuck outside and not being able to contact us. We left the apartment to go stand by the road where she would eventually drive past. Halfway there John receives a text saying that she has arrived. We see a taxi turn down into a basement (the correct basement) but we can not see if she is sitting inside it. We felt stupid since now, if that was her, when she called to our apartment nobody would be there to answer. We split up. John stayed and I went back. Luckily I am clever enough to check downstairs before going up. My thought was that if she had already called to our apartment and we did not answer she would sit there and wait. And so she did!

I had made a broccoli pie that was just coming out of the oven when she entered our home. John called and I let him in. Hugging party! We talked about the flight and it sounded like it went well. She handed over three bottles from Tax Free. Ymir was afraid of this new being entering his precious castle. Eventually I picked him up and made him meet her. He calmed down after that. The dinner was okay, not the best pie I have ever made. I feel it is difficult to cook here since the ingrediens are so different from those I used in Sweden. I can not use the same recipes and do not know where to look for one as well. If I google a recipe in English everything is American. I do not understand Americans! Why do you use cups?

Christmas came early! Annika and Thomas, the parents of these two, had sent presents with her and we received them immediately. I was given a lot and I am so thankful. I find it a bit difficult to accept gifts so when package after package was handed over to me I shed some tears. In the picture below you can find some of the presents. There is a red filofax, something I have long wished for since I am so organised and love to keep track of my days. Three Christmas-cards. A Sushi Go Party game which I love already! I have no idea how to play it or what type of board game it is, but I love sushi and they look so cute on the package! From Rebecka I got two thick colouring books for adults. I was given one when I was over at her place almost a year ago and she knew I really liked it. The themes in these are vintage and geometric patterns. I look forward to this! With them she gave me new pencils that can be used with water as well as just pencils. Something I also really wanted since I only have felt pens. I also got a colouring book from Annika and Thomas with pictures of Stockholm - in case I missed my hometown. This will also be fun since I do miss it and I had flashbacks when looking at the pictures inside!

John got two large envelopes in which he was given missions. In one he were told to buy a new phone. In the second he was told to buy a PS4 Pro. Two things he really wanted but would be difficult to send over from Sweden with his sister. Therefore we will buy these items in Singapore, but I think he will start with the phone at first. I was also given a mission; to plan a trip for a certain amount of money which will be executed next time one of them visits. I will have to look into this. There is a fair amounts of islands around Singapore I would like to explore.

We could not stay up too late. John had work today and Rebecka needed sleep after her flight. Although I think I was the one being most tired.

2 comments:

  1. Early Christmas is great!
    Glad you liked the gifts.
    And the Sushi Go was from John, of course.
    Ohhhh, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete