Monday 12 December 2016

Several Spots and Gifts

Today I needed to buy Christmas presents. Not needed by anyone or anything. I just had this feeling that if I do not buy them today, I will chicken out and buy something else. I am not very confident with buying gifts. I had discussed them with Rebecka a few days earlier and she said they were good gifts. Today I talked to Ash about it and she said the same. I bought them. It was so scary. The price is my biggest issue. How much should I spend? How cheap is too cheap? Luckily I had asked John for a budget... well, a preferred budget from his side and I kept it within his wishes. So that could be called a gift as well!

I was out shopping before noon. Normally it takes me a few hours to get ready and I rarely go out before lunchtime. This was new and I liked it. I travelled half an hour to go shopping and was home before one o'clock. Then I noticed how hungry I had become and needed to eat immediately. Not sure if the plan was to eat with Rebecka, she had gone down to the pool during the forenoon, so I sent some messages. In the middle of my half Subway leftover from yesterday she came upstairs. She had already eaten so I continued with my lunch.

Then I did what John asked me to do this morning. I took some burning hot water, some soap and a sponge, went to the window in our bedroom and scrubbed away blood. Ymir has an old wound on his paw that he recently re-burned (if you can believe it) in the same way as the first time. Now it is a hard black spot there and we are not sure if everything looks normal. It looks burnt, but not as flesh and fur should. Or maybe it does, not sure as you probably can tell. This wound is what leaves blood everywhere. It is not always but sometimes he manages to open it and bleed wherever he goes. Right now the window looks like a polka-dotted area, the sofa is spotted and the floor is bright red in some places. The floor stains are the easiest to remove, just water and swoosh it away. The sofa we bought and can throw away, but for now we are just putting the fabric in the washing machine. The window on the other hand is the worst part. The paint soaks it in and makes it harder to remove. We have several old spots and a lot of new ones. Right now we are thinking that we might need to repaint it before leaving this apartment (whenever that will happen). Hopefully no one will notice then. Right now it is kind of a mess and not much we can do. If you have any suggestions on how to remove old blood stains from white paint... let us know!

After that I sat by my computer working. I wrote two pages the other day and read them out loud last night to John. At the end, before he could say anything, I said I heard. I know how bad that was. I was ashamed. I did not expect it. It was really bad. Not badly written, but it did not suit the story and it felt like a filler or just simple facts about the city. Not good enough. Not good at all. So today I decided to read everything in that chapter so far and then understand where I want to go from there. I did not read everything today though, I got caught editing small things instead of just reading.

John had to work late and came home around half past eight. It was really late and I had no idea what we should have for dinner. We decided McDonalds. Do not judge us. I ordered when he left work and they delivered just a few minutes before he arrived. I had rice to my nuggets, pretending it was the healthier option once again. John had burger, fries and Coke. I think this is why I can pretend that I am eating healthy. I need to get down to the gym soon, my body wants the exercise. Maybe tomorrow... and then lay by the pool. I love living in a tropical country when I know there is only cold and snow where I used to live. Suckers...

No comments:

Post a Comment