Saturday 3 December 2016

Sushi board game not edible

Ymir was not very understanding during the night. When Rebecka wanted to sleep he wanted to eat - her feet! He bit and scratched her a little, kept her awake for a few hours and refused to be a cute cat sleeping in a corner. She was awake when we got up. John left for work and we had a slow morning.

First mission for today was to go buy groceries, but first we had lunch. I took her to Empress Mall just outside d'Leedon and walked through the very small market there. She needed a bathing suit and luckily found one simple black in a small stall. Then we strolled around the hawker centre and searched for something to eat. I knew already what I wanted. She said to go there and she could get something from the same place. I had lemon chicken and Rebecka had set menu A which never really had a name. Chicken and rice, as figured. To that we shared a platter of ten dumplings and had lime juice.

Over at Coronation Plaza we made quick rounds at the upper floor before entering the grocery store. I bought two new toys for Ymir as a ten months present. It was a red feather at the end of a steel tread and he loves it! The other was a squirrel with catnip inside, his first drugs ever, and when he was introduced to it he rolled around and went crazy, but now he seems more fond of the toy than its insides. Downstairs we entered FairPrice. I had a list so I went picking everything up. Rebecka loves food stores in other countries so she entertained herself by wandering around alone for a bit. When I found her she had her own basket with two large pomelo and cherry tomatoes. I have never had pomelo so I will make sure to try some when one has been opened. Excited!

When we walked back to the condo it was half past one and the sun was blasting hot. Even though it is December we both managed to burn some part of our skin. Rebecka on the back and I on the chest. It takes skill to make that happen! As soon as everything was loaded into the fridge we changed into swimsuits since both were pretty sweaty and the weather was nice. We walked over to the best pool and slithered down into the cold water. Not as warm as it was in June, but still pleasant after a quick warm up. Eventually though, when it never became warm enough, we switched sides and sank down into the jacuzzi. The sun was above us, warming a little but not quite as satisfying as I would have wanted. We talked for a long while and enjoyed sitting in a jacuzzi in December. Then we lay on the stools for a while too, using towels as blankets. Then it started to rain and we hurried home.

It was four o'clock and Rebecka fell asleep. I do not think she meant to but she was really tired and I did not want to disturb her. We did not have any plans for three hours anyway so I let her rest. I sat by the computer with headphones playing a game a chatting with John. We were supposed to meet him at a restaurant across the street after work and I thought I could wake her up when he left work. She magically woke up the second I removed my headphones to do just that. Slowly we got ready, well I was kind of quick but assured her she did not need to stress. It was only funny when John called half an hour later wondering where we were. We had not left the apartment yet.

At the restaurant he sat by a large table looking at the menu. We sat down on either side of him and ordered together. Pork buns - their signature dish - and fried rice with chicken. Tofu with sesame oil and fried tofu with crumbled fish on top. Some vegetables and the best of all - sweet and sour fish. But here is the thing; it tasted like cinema popcorn! It was so good and I think I ate most of it. Truly amazing! So yummy. Lets have more! John and I ate too quick and my stomach did not like that. I was feeling rather full and dazed afterwards.

During the last hours of the day we made drinks and played our new Sushi Go Party! game. Since it was John and mine first time we played the original set up, meaning without the party edition. But we learned fast and next time we play we will have a party go! It was a fun game. I lost because I wanted most maki but that did not give me a lot of points. John won but soon after realised he had counted wrong and so Rebecka won! Congratulations. Good game. I want my sushi now.

We ended the day with an episode of Planet Earth II. This time it was in the jungles and they showed the most unusual animals. It was a hide and seek place where most animals melted into the background. We all grew tired during this and so we skipped the diaries in the end. Now off to bed!






2 comments: