Friday 16 December 2016

Slow Days

I have not been writing about my daily life in a couple of days. It feels strange. I do not have the compulsive need that I have to do something worth writing about, but I have been writing a lot recently so the strange feeling comes from not writing at all. Not even in my book.

The other day I tried to work. I read and changed things in the chapter, but never wrote anything new. Instead I came up with new names to fill in fifteen classmates. I colour-coded them to see how many males vs females and also how much each gender got in the spotlight. So far it was a lot of girls. I aim to change that. Male-characters that gets one scene in the previous chapters will be at least mentioned a bit more. Who says a teenage girl can not be friends with a guy? I think I am writing from my own experience when I was in the age of my main-character. I had no guy friends and so I do not write them in. I am planning on switching at least two girls to guys to mix it up a bit.

During the course of these event-less days I have not been sitting a lot by the computer. I have been watching a series, colouring a lot in adult colouring books (doing the zen mode thing) and also reading. My goal on GoodReads was to read fifteen books in 2016. I am currently at twelve. I did have a few slow months with reading and also I read a couple of really thick books that did take a lot of time to get through. Although, I am not giving up! I am currently reading Mostly Harmless, the last book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, which only has 240 pages or so. I will get through it soon enough. Then I will pick two other short books and reach my goal before the new year. I will probably keep my goal to read fifteen books a year since obviously I am not ready for more yet.

Last night Rebecka made a pretty massive dinner consisting of a lot of wonderful ingredients (apart from the yellow bell pepper). It was a lot and I ate a lot. I ate the most. It was so good! She filled a whole bowl full of tzatziki, chopped up a mango, feta cheese and avocado. We had the small amount of chicken we found in the fridge, which was actually a perfect amount since if it had been more it would have taken over the dish. In a mixed bowl there was cucumber, tomato, corn and that sneaky bastard called bell pepper trying to disguise itself as either corn or mango. As you can tell I am not a big fan of bell peppers - no matter the colour. There was also some baby spinach, lovely green substitute for normal lettuce which is boring, and also bread with garlic and oregano butter. To this we saw Alice Through the Looking Glass. Without high expectations this managed to receive a three out of ten from me. The others gave it a bit more. I did not like the story, the bad acting, the overly used green screen and the poorly made plot. I have not read the book yet, I do own it, but I have heard it is a different story. I am looking forward to see what sets them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment