Thursday 22 December 2016

Stevesassin's Creed

Greetings and salutations, blog readers! Let me share with you a tale of Steve, movies, food and more Steve.

Steve who, you ask? Good question! He's a by-product of Ellie befriending Ash from our mutual chat group - turns out she had a boyfriend. Or well, has a boyfriend.

Regardless, he's a great guy, albeit a bit unusual but very, very likeable. So when Ellie fell sick on the day of our planned Assassin's Creeed movie pre-screening, I decided to bring him along for the ride instead. Solid choice all round, we had fun.

Before the film we ate at a food court in a mall called Wisma. Not sure what the actual stall was named but they had, uh, black pepper hot plates? You got semi uncooked food on a plate and whilst it heated one had to mush things into a form digestable by an infant. Good stuff.

The movie itself was as expected - not an Oscars winner by any means but definitely worth seeing. I smiled throughout, people around me laughed in French so I am unsure if they enjoyed it or not. At least we had popcorn, and nachos. The latter sucked. Who salts their nachos?! Although this is the same country that does sweet popcorn, so I guess it's not that weird.

And that, my friends, was my Wednesday.

On another note: my boss (Antoine) has been here for a week now working with me. Lovely fellow. Super French by all means but in the best of ways. I'm truly happy to have such a hard working and supportive manager, it really does make the job exponentially better. Not that he'll ever read this, but thanks for the visit Antoine!

No comments:

Post a Comment