Monday 12 December 2016

Silver Street

Yesterday John and I had lunch at the food court. We ordered prata, a flat indian bread, and put ourselves at the end of a long queue just so John could get the best char siew. While standing there John walked away to pay and retrieve the prata. He then picked a table and put down the food, I watched from the queue, he came over to take my place and I went to sit down at the table. Cooperation! We are like ninjas. Unfortunately the queue was so slow and long I had finished my banana prata and almost my half of the cheese prata before he came over with his food. He was okay with eating cold prata though. He headed of to buy drinks and my food. He came back with two lime juices in glasses. Those glasses never look clean but I am sure they are. Somehow they got red paint underneath which is slowly falling away. Looks strange. I had cold rice and cold chicken - not the most appetising as you can imagine. Not a single vegetable. John was kind enough to give me some of his. When we were done we bought food to bring up to Rebecka.

During the afternoon I realised how much I needed some quiet time in the apartment. Not that anyone is in my way, but it was needed. The two of them left around four and travelled to Bugis. I spent my time gaming, laying in the sofa, playing with the cat and listen to the silence. I asked where they were around six or seven to see if food was on their mind as it was on mine. They were still at Bugis, discovering that the big market there actually had three stories and not just the one on the ground. I learned something new. Now I need to go explore Bugis Street some more! They answered that they were not hungry at the moment but John and I started talking about whether they should eat out or come home and eat with me. While this conversation was happening they came home and before we had an answer they were nearby so I waited for them.

When they came home I sat in the living room colouring in a book. Immediately John came jumping over to me, looking very happy and presented a blue paper-bag. A gift! he said with a big expecting smile. I was very confused. I am not very good at getting presents, but I suppose giving them without notice is the best way so far. I opened the bag and inside found a small blue box. I opened the box and found two small earrings. Silver with some glimmering parts. Very cute and fancy. He knows exactly what I like in jewellery. He said that they reminded him of some earrings I used to wear years ago, but these were much nicer. The old ones lost colour and were cheap. He just bought me the earrings I already love but these were so beautiful! I feel so appreciated. He is the best. Truly.

Rebecka did not want anything from FoodPanda. John and I ordered Subway and discovered you can order just like in the store but over the internet. It was very convenient. He picked the melt and I the teriyaki (since my lunch chicken was such a disappointment), but I changed the bread that I always take. Instead of parmesan oregano I chose honey oat. A bit darker bread but not too dark. I am not a fan of too dark bread. I can eat the little darker ones that I pretend are the healthier option. We ate next to Rebecka by the TV, watching a series she introduced us to called Flaked. It is slow, cosy and warm. It is about an idiotic guy who lies to everyone and his friends who are somewhat nice and somewhat jerks. I am conflicted around this.

 

2 comments: