Thursday 8 December 2016

Stars are Serene

Yesterday we had lunch with John at Galaxis in the area where he works. We were in the food court but it was so loud we almost had to shout at one another across the small table. This made me dizzy and unwell, especially since I had not been at hundred procent during the forenoon. I sat by the table while John and Rebecka bought their food. I had no appetite, no idea what I wanted to eat but I was hungry and I needed something. John helped me choose - something that I had had before and knew was relatively good. Kung Pao chicken with rice.

John went back to work after that. Rebecka and I had plans to go to VivoCity and later the aquarium, but I did not feel good. My stomach was bloated and I just wanted to lie down. She was very understanding. We had company back to the MRT and parted before the gates. Rebecka went of to VivoCity alone and I headed back home where I crashed in the sofa with Ymir sleeping close to me. I lay there much longer than intended.

Eventually they both came home around the same time. John ordered pizza to us two since Rebecka had already eaten. During the wait we played our separate daily games since we had plans to watch a movie while eating and thus hours of gaming were gone. Writing this it might seem ridiculous, but we are gamers. This is what we crave (enough hours a day to play games). The pizza arrived and we moved over to the sofa. We put on Bourne Supremacy and had dinner. Both pizzas were good, I dare say better than ever before. Movie was fun! I remembered key-scenes but not all of it. We are going through them all before watching the latest. I snuggled down into John's lap. Ymir came wanting to cuddle as well so I put him on my stomach where we lay for a long while being adorable.


Today we decided to stay put. Rebecka was kind of tired after a walking a lot from the day before. We took a slow morning and around lunch went out to eat at the food court. We ate from a pick-and-choose place (my naming, but I think we all should adapt to it) were I had two types of chicken and broccoli with rice. Rebecka had rice, chicken, beef and also broccoli. Together we shared a plate of dumplings but neither of us had enough room in the stomach to eat them all. We had to go ask for a take-away-box for the ones we had left. We sat in the sun and we both got a little red on the shoulders.

Being all sweaty we immediately turned in the door and went to the pool. A refreshing dip in the water. We took some photos of me in the pool, since I truly love being in the pool and can not keep myself from being silly. I chose a normal looking one for this post. It felt appropriate. We then lay next to each other on the loungers and talked. I picked up my book and read a few chapters. Around four we were done.

John and I made plans to go out to have dinner. Rebecka was of course in on the plan but stayed behind because of a migraine. I walked to music over to Bukit Timah and sat down by a table at the restaurant to wait for John. Soon he arrived but was in a call. I could finish my Hearthstone match without feeling guilty. We ordered lemon chicken for John and I had prawn and broccoli in garlic sauce (both with rice but lets be honest, most of the meals here come with rice). We had to wait for a while before the meal came and then my meal came long before his did. Not very good at timing things here. There were not even that many guests. Apart from the wait the place is really good. It is called LeWu Cafe and it is our place to go for a casual dinner to a good price.

On the way back I saw two shining dots in the sky and used an app on my phone to see what it was. Discovered I could see Venus shine brightly and Mars as a red small dot above it. We discussed the solar system and the galaxy. It is so amazing to visualise it. I am deeply intrigued by space. I will do an app recommendation of the app I use, so you will see it here eventually. Right now I am trying to only do one app recommendation a month so you do not get overwhelmed. (If you have a different opinion about this please leave me a comment.) Thank you to John for doing Shadowverse last month!

2 comments:

  1. Gulligt... Venus och Mars bredvid varandra då John och Ellinor vandrar hem - hand i hand - i tropiska natten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mat, sol och mys, & så lite romantik är aldrig fel.
    Ja, mer appar!

    ReplyDelete