Monday 19 December 2016

Struggling

I am not having the best day. Not that I have had a very active and interesting week, but this day tops it all. I can not walk. Nothing is wrong with my legs it is just that I do not have the strength. Let me spell it out - I have my period. Some of you might think that it is not okay for me to write this on my blog, but I am a feminist and there is nothing wrong with expressing what is natural and current. John will be reading this and I know he has difficulties with the word feminist because it has lost its meaning. I am the old school kind, the kind that knows a woman has to fart, bleed every now and then and deserve every right a man has wherever you may be in the world. That kind of feminist. The good kind. The right kind. Not the one that hates all white males and think they should all die. Yes, there are those kind of feminists as well.

In other news - Rebecka left today. She spent almost a full three weeks here. A very good guest; helped me put the mattresses back, vacuum cleaned and stuffed all the sheets in the washing machine before leaving. The apartment is clean and I did not have to do anything.

I gave John one of the smaller Christmas presents today. It was minor and one out of three (plus more non-wrappables). It was a fidget cube which is supposed to help with his fidgeting and ticks. No idea if it will work. He did play with it, sounded like he found one part of the cube he really liked. I heard clicking. Might work. If not then I will search for something else. I have looked up tangles. They look like fun. I have seen some people on YouTube use it and they recommend it for people with all sort of keeping-the-hand-still-when-not-doing-anything-with-it problems. I might buy one of those if this fidget cube does not do the trick. It will not, but maybe a little for a short time. I just want to help John relax his hand. He is complaining about it hurting a lot and he is concerned it might damage the nerves. If you have suggestions on toys and tricks - leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment