Monday 5 December 2016

Sunny Shopping

I was really tired this morning so after John left around nine I went back to bed and slept another hour. When the alarm went off I was naughty enough to snooze it for another ten minutes. After five I felt bad. So when I actually left bed I put on gym clothes immediately instead of the cosy pyjamas I really wanted to adorn. Rebecka was already awake. I had a quick breakfast to get some energy before we had company downstairs.

I left her by the pool while I headed to the gym. I feel so good being there. My body gets some exercise and my mind can relax. I listen to a podcast about being an author which really inspires me. It lets my brain think of work while my body is working. I did half an hour on the cross-trainer, a few reps with the leg extension machine and a few reps on the chest press machine. Each episode of the podcast is the perfect length because it is forty to forty five minutes long, which is also how long my gym routine is. Match made in... the gym.

Around noon I walked up to Rebecka standing in the shadow by the pool. I considered going up to write on my book since I was really inspired by the pod episode, but it was a great day; sun was shining, it was hot and the pool looked inviting. So I hurried upstairs, put on a bikini and went back down. It was nice to sink down into the water after the workout. Felt good - even better because it is December. Take that, Swedes!

When the sky turned on us and sent a whole bunch of clouds to cover the sun we felt it was time to head back home. It was time for lunch and we were hungry. There is a small café inside d'Leedon
that serves food all times of the day. We have been there once when Annika was visiting. I wrote about it in April but reading that post now the place does not sound so good. It was the day after their opening so I thought maybe they are better now. I went up to shower while Rebecka ordered and waited for the food. When she came up we both saw the size of the meals. It was literally just a small amount, enough to at least cover the bottom of the container but did not look like a proper meal. This is creamy pasta with salmon for $19 (although it was a 2 for 1 lunch deal so I only paid $10 back to Rebecka). I added some feta cheese to add a little extra. It was very creamy so it was somewhat filling, but I would have wished for more for that price! I do not recommend The Dispensary.

It was in the middle of the afternoon and Rebecka came over to me. Arms, shoulders, back, face, chest - everything was red and burned. I could not keep from laughing. It looked terrible! So sorry, Bex. We got dressed and headed out half past five. It was a pleasant walk over to Holland Village. We strolled along a row of small shops and ended up looking through cheap clothes at a store called Song & Song. I found a tank top with breast support; something I did not own but really wanted. I am wearing it right now. I believe I will wear it a lot. It is so comfortable! Rebecka found two tank tops but the lady behind the counter accidentally missed that the tops were on sale and took too much money for them. We only saw this when we got home hours later. Rebecka and I made a quick round on the upper floor of the HV mall and she found a jewellery shop where she bought a bracelet and a necklace.

John arrived just as we stepped out from Guardian. I bought band-aids since we are always out when I need it. Rebecka also helped me choose a new mascara, so now I am all set. The three of us proceeded to Lor Mambong - a street with restaurants, night clubs, strange dentists, tech shops and other small businesses that do not match the overall feel of a night club street. We took her straight to our favourite Mexican restaurant - Cha Cha Cha. You have heard of it, I have written about it. John and I had chimichangas; one with chicken and one with beef and shared them both. Rebecka ordered fish tacos. I have never tried it but it looked good. I will try it next time! I decided to put the photo of her meal in this post since chimichangas can be seen in the others linked above.

We were so full afterwards. I suggested ice cream but nobody else wanted some so we never had. I am so sad. I really wanted some! We had a talkative walk back home. Later I read out loud what I had been writing today. Rebecka has not heard much of the book since she will be my new eyes on the story once I am done with the second edit, but she got a small taste from the last chapter. She liked it! John had a lot to say, most of it was good if not all of it! I shall continue writing and have this book published soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment