Tuesday 6 December 2016

Seasonal Basket

When something is about to be delivered to your doorstep you need to be home to sign and receive. Today was that kind of day for me, only the estimated time was between ten in the morning and five in the afternoon...

Because of this I could not go with Rebecka to Orchard Road. Instead she went on her own and I really wish I could have gone with her. It was a long time ago since I was at Orchard and it always makes me feel ridiculously snobby. Not that I actually buy anything that could be considered expensive. I do not dare to enter the well-known brands such as Dior, Louis Vuitton, Prada and others like them. Its just the feel of the street, the cars, the buildings, the decor. The people feel regular, middle-class or tourists. I do not see many people dressed in those brands. Maybe that is why I like walking there.

Half past two the man called on the intercom. Before he did so he had called John to say something but the bad reception made it impossible to hear. Then John calls me and asks in the delivery has been made. John was very fast. It takes less than a minute to get to the door from the basement and John was done with our talk before the man knocked on the door. I opened, I was asked if I was Mr. Rickne to which I answered yes, I signed a paper and took the huge basket handed over to me.

Harrods Christmas basket
contained:

Claret Bordeaux (red wine)
original instant coffee
English breakfast tea nr.14
orange marmalade
strawberry and champagne jam
milk chocolate tuiles with lemon
butterscotch biscuits
mixed fruit flavour drops
lemon discs

And a pretty Christmas bow which will be saved as decoration!

2 comments: