Sunday 4 December 2016

Singing Singaporeans

We went out with some friends from the group last night. Around half past six we took the MRT and entered the mall called Bugis+. There we located Starbucks and found two of our friends - Ash and Steve. They were having coffee and waiting for people. Soon after a few others showed up and the ones still missing told us to find a place to eat.

Normally we do not decide what to eat until everybody is there. Opinions are better heard in person than over the chat. So now we were seven people walking around a four story building looking for a decent restaurant. The first choice had a too long queue so we bailed. Two more joined the group while we walked around searching. We ended up at Coco Ichibanya, a Japanese curry restaurant. In the menu there was a spicy level meter going from 0 (for children) to 5. I had standard, which was a 1. Ash had a 5 but she is tough and used to spicy food. Food was okay, not the best I have ever had but the miso soup included in my set menu was really good! I also got a small salad to my meal which made me very happy.

During dinner we had to split up in two groups and halfway through I noticed that the other group had gone. We checked the clock and noticed our time at the karaoke place had started. We finished the food and headed upstairs. Place was called Manekineko. We found the others in the middle of a loud song and sat down. It was fun and everybody sang something. Ash and Steve are surprisingly incredible rappers! A couple of phones circled the group to add more songs to the list. I think we all added too many because when the time ended the songs I had picked never showed up. Apparently you can move your chosen song higher up in the queue which means the others gets pushed down. Shame. It was a fun evening nevertheless!

Half past eleven we had to leave. Some had already left during the hours we were there, but the few that remained were hungry. Together we walked for fifteen minutes to Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant. It seemed like a popular place. We had to wait but not for long; soon we were placed in the AC area around a large table. Food was being ordered by just a few from the group since everything is shared. We had dumplings, fried fish skin, pork rice packages, noodles, pork buns and other things spread out all over the table. My favourite was the prawn dumpling - a huge prawn tucked into a soft dough. Then there was a dessert dumpling with a very sweet custard inside. I had one, it was good but a bit too much.

We took a cab home and came back around half past one. I was so tired and went to bed as soon as possible. It was a fun evening and I love singing karaoke; even though my voice is not very good. I want to do this again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment